An easy to make, moist and no-fail cake…unless you get distracted during commercial breaks watching Hannibal TV series thinking you’ve added the baking powder and realized you didn’t after the fact and had to do it all over.
But that didn’t happen to these cupcakes.
See, they’re smiling!
If you look past all that buttercream and sugar, you’ll see the chocolate cupcake.
These cupcakes are chocolate all around (minus the buttercream and sprinkles) and not anything like my Cremé Bruleé Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes topped with Chocolate Ganache.
That’ll be another post.
These cupcakes were for my sister’s, friend’s 3-year old son who had a circus themed birthday party this past Sunday,
I swear it took me longer to make the cupcake toppers and lid cover than bake 3 dozen cupcakes, 18 Oreo cupcakes, the rest chocolate.
The Silhouette Cameo played a big role cutting the cupcake toppers, the big clown and tent.
I’m so happy with the software my daughter, Nastasja, bought me for Mother’s Day. Forget the flowers, chocolate, or anything girly. Give me software or power tools and I’ll be a happy camper!
Anywho, the Cameo lets me import SVG, PDF, PNG files and cut these type of file formats without using scissors.
How cool is that!?!
The font used on the initials and cupcake toppers was appropriately called Circus.
I heard the cupcakes disappeared before my sister had a chance of grabbing one for herself.
Do not fret sister of mine, they’ll be more!
- 2 c. sugar
- 1-3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. HERSHEY’S Dark Cocoa
- ½ c. chocolate pudding mix (any brand will do)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with your favorite frosting.